Click on the CHS Guidance Calendar to the left to view a complete listing of events including programs, presentations, college visits and open houses.
CHS PROFILE 2016-2017
SIGN UP FOR REMIND!
CHS Guidance will send important information through text messages this year using the REMIND app. Follow these directions.
Text @38kfh8 to 81010
UCCTI SHARED TIME PROGRAMS
COURSE SELECTION MEETINGS WITH COUNSELORS
Review the above materials in preparation for scheduling for next year’s courses. Check the CHS Guidance website, posted in the beginning of February, for a list of scheduling appointments. Students will be called over the loud speaker at the beginning of each period on their scheduled appointment day. Students should come prepared with course selections, to meet for twenty minutes with their school counselor.
o Class of 2018 scheduling: February 23 – March 3, 2017
o Class of 2019 scheduling: March 6 – March 15, 2017
o Class of 2020 scheduling: March 16 – March 24, 2017
APRIL 5: LAST DAY FOR SCHEDULE CHANGE REQUESTS
(EXCLUDING LEVEL CHANGES/SCHEDULE CONFLICTS)
CLASS OF 2018 JUNIOR PARENT/GUARDIAN CONFERENCES
APRIL 4 THROUGH MAY 5, 2017
Click here for the junior conference letter invite.
Please contact the guidance office to set up an appointment according to the counselor’s office hours for your child’s junior conference:
Mrs. Knorr at (908) 709-6302 for Ms. Boyll, Ms. Klemm, or Ms. Vazquez
Mrs. Mustillo at (908) 709-6303 for Ms. Capozzoli, Ms. Conway, or Mr. Corea
AP EXAMS: MONDAY, MAY 1 - FRIDAY, MAY 12
Please be aware of the following:
- AP exam testing calendar and locations
- AM exams: Students report at 7:30 am.
- PM exams: Students report at 11:30 am.
- Students must bring their AP Student Pack to every test.
- Students must bring several #2 pencils AND pens with black or dark blue ink
- Students must bring an approved calculator (and spare batteries) for AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Physics, AP Stats.
- Students will not be dismissed until the official testing time is completed by all students.
- Cell phones or any other electronic device with internet access are prohibited in the testing location.
- If students will not be in school on the day before or after an exam, parents MUST call and notify the attendance office to excuse the student, as is the case with any other absence from school.
SPRING FINANCIAL PLANNING PRESENTATION
WEDNESDAY, MAY 10 AT 7:00 PM CHS AUDITORIUM
Learn the nuts and bolts of financial aid; how it works, how to plan for it, what traps to avoid and what resources are available for further financial aid planning. This presentation is for sophomore and junior parents.
Cranford High School Guidance
201 West End Place
Cranford, NJ 07016